XDLINX Labs is looking to hire a seasoned spacecraft GNC engineer to work on a closely integrated team who will drive the design of the GNC system, including hardware and software, to meet the position, attitude, knowledge and stability requirements of our bus.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside a brilliant and passionate team of engineers working on the architecture, simulation, and controls of electromechanical systems for the world’s most cutting- edge satellites.
As such, we have an intense culture of curiosity, hunger, and results. If you want a typical 9-5 job, this is not the place for you.
You do not need to meet 100% of the preferred qualifications to be considered. We encourage anyone who meets the basic qualifications and is interested in the role to apply – we are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated people to join our team, and want the opportunity to talk to you!
- Develop and implement GNC algorithms for satellite systems, including attitude determination and control, orbit determination and control, and precision pointing.
- Conduct analysis of spacecraft dynamics and perform simulations to evaluate system performance, stability, and accuracy.
- Design, develop, and test spacecraft control systems, including reaction wheels, thrusters, and magnetic torquers, to achieve desired mission objectives.
- Collaborate with spacecraft and payload engineers to define system requirements and ensure GNC system compatibility and integration.
- Perform trade studies and make recommendations for optimal GNC configurations, considering factors such as power consumption, mass, and cost.
- Develop and execute test plans and procedures for GNC systems, including system-level testing, performance evaluation, and anomaly resolution.
- Analyze and interpret spacecraft telemetry data to diagnose and troubleshoot GNC-related anomalies and performance issues.
- Collaborate with software engineers to develop GNC software modules and interfaces, ensuring seamless integration with overall satellite systems.
- Stay up-to-date with industry advancements and emerging technologies in GNC systems, and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide technical expertise and support to cross-functional teams, including project managers, system engineers, and operations personnel.
- Develop GNC algorithm and subsystem tests and validation criteria for functional and performance verification.
- Demonstrate extreme ownership of product outcomes at every stage of development and production
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a GNC Engineer, preferably in the satellite or aerospace industry.
- Strong knowledge of spacecraft dynamics, orbital mechanics, and control theory.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++, MATLAB, Python with experience in numerical simulation and analysis.
- Familiarity with GNC hardware and software components, such as sensors (gyroscopes, accelerometers, star trackers), actuators, and control algorithms.
- Experience with simulation tools and software packages commonly used in spacecraft GNC engineering (e.g., MATLAB/Simulink, STK).
- Knowledge of industry standards and protocols for satellite GNC systems, such as CCSDS, ECSS, and GPS/GNSS.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to evaluate complex system dynamics and propose effective solutions.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team-oriented environment.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet project deadlines.
- Very strong communication, teamwork and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively across multi-disciplinary teams