XDLINX Labs is looking to hire an Avionics Engineer to design and develop avionics systems and electrical components for satellite systems, considering mission requirements, technical specifications, and industry standards.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside a brilliant and passionate team of engineers working on the architecture, simulation, and controls of electromechanical systems for the world’s most cutting- edge satellites.
As such, we have an intense culture of curiosity, hunger, and results. If you want a typical 9-5 job, this is not the place for you.
You do not need to meet 100% of the preferred qualifications to be considered. We encourage anyone who meets the basic qualifications and is interested in the role to apply – we are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated people to join our team, and want the opportunity to talk to you!
- System Integration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including mechanical engineers, systems engineers, and software engineers, to ensure seamless integration of avionics subsystems into the satellite platform.
- Electrical Architecture: Develop and implement electrical system architectures and schematics, including power distribution, communication interfaces, and control systems.
- Electrical Board Design: Design and create electrical boards, including printed circuit boards (PCBs), considering electrical component placement, signal routing, and manufacturability.
- Component Selection: Conduct thorough research and analysis to select suitable electronic components, such as sensors, transmitters, receivers, and processors, that meet the project requirements.
- Testing and Validation: Define and execute comprehensive test plans and procedures to validate avionics and electrical systems’ performance, ensuring compliance with specifications and safety standards.
- Troubleshooting: Identify and resolve electrical and avionics system issues during development, integration, and testing phases, employing analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Collaboration and Communication: Work closely with interdisciplinary teams to coordinate activities, share knowledge, and provide technical guidance on avionics and electrical engineering aspects.
- Research and Innovation: Stay updated with the latest advancements and emerging trends in avionics and electrical engineering for satellite systems, and apply innovative solutions to enhance performance and efficiency.
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Avionics Engineering, or a related field. Advanced degrees are preferred.
- Experience: 4- 8 years of relevant experience in avionics and electrical engineering, preferably in the aerospace or satellite industry.
- Proficient in designing and developing avionics systems, electrical circuits, and subsystems.
- Strong knowledge of electrical engineering principles, including analog and digital circuit design, power electronics, and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC).
- Experience with electrical design tools, such as eCAD software such as Altium, circuit simulation software such as LTSpice, and PCB design tools.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to analyze complex electrical and avionics engineering problems, identify innovative solutions, and implement effective troubleshooting techniques.
- Team Player: Proven ability to collaborate effectively within cross-functional teams, communicate complex technical concepts, and work towards shared project goals.
- Attention to Detail: Strong attention to detail and commitment to producing high-quality work while adhering to project deadlines and budget constraints. Ability to debug complex problems using typical tools such as Logic Analyzer, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers.
- Adaptability: Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, adapting to changing priorities and technologies.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey technical information and collaborate with stakeholders at various levels.
- Very strong communication, teamwork and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively across multi-disciplinary teams