XDLINX Labs is looking to hire a seasoned RF/Microwave engineer. You will own the design and development responsibilities for complex active and passive microwave and millimetre subsystems. You will have the opportunity to work on the design, architecture, simulation, and controls of RF front end’s for software defined radio’s (SDR’s) and for antennas, duplexers, combiners etc for the world’s most cutting-edge satellites.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside a brilliant and passionate team of engineers working on the architecture, simulation, and controls of electromechanical systems for the world’s most cutting- edge satellites.
As such, we have an intense culture of curiosity, hunger, and results. If you want a typical 9-5 job, this is not the place for you.
You do not need to meet 100% of the preferred qualifications to be considered. We encourage anyone who meets the basic qualifications and is interested in the role to apply – we are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated people to join our team, and want the opportunity to talk to you!
- Taking responsibility for the complete hardware lifecycle of our RF/Microwave/millimetre products, from system concept to system integration, and providing production support.
- Producing robust and high-quality designs, ensuring thorough documentation and configuration management of your work, and delivering progress reports and plans.
- Developing multifunctional designs for RF PCB and Modules, utilizing the latest technologies available, and enhancing your knowledge of essential design and manufacturing processes.
- Designing with test in mind, building test prototypes for validating the design, and providing support for production testing.
- Performing all detailed design tasks from capturing requirements to verifying the design. ensuring design reviews are completed successfully.
- Preparing robust manufacturing data packs and provide technical support to sub-contracts and engineering interface with manufacturing.
- Working closely with Systems, Test and Electronics engineers you will perform environmental and performance testing on RF hardware to validate analysis and demonstrate compliance to design criteria
- Establish an efficient product lifecycle starting in the supply chain all the way through final integration that balances cost, complexity, and quality; work closely with partner teams to design and realize an efficient in-house production line
- Own product delivery timeline through conception, design, assembly, and launch
- Demonstrate extreme ownership of product outcomes at every stage of development and production
Preferred Skills and Experience:
You do not need to meet 100% of the preferred qualifications to be considered.
- Proficiency in RF Microwave passive and active Sub-System Design
- Familiarity with microwave design tools such as AWR, ADS and Matlab
- Experience with designing RF front end’s for software defined radio’s for satellite applications
- Skills in RF synthesizer design using DDS and PLL technologies
- Expertise in designing passive microwave structures such as antennas, filters and diplexers etc
- Experience in using EM 3D and 2D simulation techniques, including ANSOFT HFSS
- Familiarity with low phase noise design and measurement
- Proficiency in non-linear circuit simulation
- Experience with PCB schematic capture tools such as Altium
- Ability to perform lab measurements such as signal generation, spectrum analysis, and vector network analysis
- Knowledge of microwave component selection
- Experience in requirements capture and management
- Ability to write technical reports
- Experience with design reviews and lifecycle management
- Understanding of design for manufacture and cost.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages
- Very strong communication, teamwork and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively across multi-disciplinary teams
- First degree (BTech, MTech, PhD) in Electronics & Communications Engineering (preferably specialisation in microwave engineering) or related science (eg Physics).
- 6-10 years of experience with RF/Microwave and millimeter wave systems design and analysis (internship and outside the classroom project experience qualifies)